All about Contributory Parent Visa


The Contributory Parent Visa can be divided into two subclasses.

Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 173ย 

  • Temporary Parent Visa
  • Allows applicant to stay in Australia for two years
  • Applicant can work and study for two years
  • Get health coverage from Medicare
  • Can travel frequently in and out of Australia
  • After two years, the applicant can apply for permanent Visa (Subclass 143)


Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 143

  • Road to permanent Parent Visa (must submit the application before Parent Visa Subclass 173 expires)
  • Allows applicant to stay in Australia for indefinite period
  • Applicant can work and study for an indefinite period
  • Get health coverage from Medicare
  • Able to sponsor eligible relatives for Permanent Residence
  • Allows the applicant to leave and revisit Australia within the 5 years period from the date the visa is granted


Requirements / Eligibility Criteria

  • Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 173 and Subclass 143
  • The applicantย  must meet the balance of family test
  • The applicant must meet health and character requirements
  • The applicant must have a sponsor who is an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident


Australian Immigration is highly complex due to constant changes. In view of that, you should appoint a migration agent in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia who is well-versed on migration services, whether you wish to consider skilled migration or business migration or in this case, bringing your parents to stay with you in Australia. Engaging a trustworthy immigration agency in Malaysia helps to ensure that your visa application has the best possible chance of being approved.

At Auslife Migration Consultants, we gladly assists clients who would like to bring their parents to stay with them. We help you to breeze through the process and advise you the appropriate steps until your visa is granted.








Scroll to Top