This visa gives you Permanent Residence straight up, and allows you to either establish a new business or develop an existing business in Australia. You can only apply if you have been nominated by an Australian state or territory government.
The two streams in Business Talent Visa
Significant Business History Stream – for high calibre business owners who wants to do business in Australia
– You must be below 55 years of age at the time of application
– Total Assets (personal and business) of applicant and spouse at least AUD 1.5 million
– Currently own a business that has at least AUD 3 million annual turnover wherein applicant’s share should be at least AUD 400,000 (in that qualifying business, or 10% where the business is in a publicly listed company)
– Applicant should be involved in the day-to-day/hands on management of the business.
In order to be eligible for Significant Business History Stream, The applicant should have a:
- Total net asset of at least AUD400 000 as the ownership interest in one or more qualifying businesses for at least two of the four fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply.
- Net business and personal assets of at least AUD1.5 million that are legally acquired and can be transferred to Australia within two years after the visa is granted.
- Total annual turnover of at least AUD3 million in one or more of your main businesses in at least two of the four fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply.
- Ownership of at least:
- 51 percent of a business with turnover of less than AUD400 000 per year.
- 30 percent of a business with turnover of more than AUD400 000 per year, or
- 10 percent of a publicly listed company
- Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream
– At least AUD 1 million in venture capital funding to start the commercialisation and development of high value business ideas in Australia