Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143 / 864)

Missing your child in Australia and wanting to live with him/her?

Parents can apply for the Contributory Parent visa (Subclass 143 / 864) which allows parents the right to permanent residence in Australia.

You can be in Australia while waiting for your Subclass 864 application. To be eligible for Subclass 864, the applicant/s must be old enough to receive the age pension in Australia.


Benefits of Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143 / 864)

This visa allows you to:

  • Live with your child in Australia as a permanent resident
  • Enrol for their healthcare system (Medicare)
  • Work and study in Australia
  • Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
  • Sponsor eligible family members for permanent residence
  • Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible


Eligibility Criteria for Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143 / 864)

The requirements that need to be fulfilled by applicants are as follows:-

  • You must be sponsored by your child living in Australia who is a citizen or permanent resident
  • The requirements of the โ€œBalance of Family Testโ€ must be met which means half your children or more must live in Australia
  • Your child must agree to give you an assurance of support that they will cover your financial necessities and you will not rely on the Australian government assistance
  • You must meet their health requirements
  • You must meet the good character requirements


For further information or assistance on applying for Contributory Parent Visa, kindly contact us for a FREE and PRIVATE CONSULTATION at our KL office at 03-2300 2380 / 012-238 1380 or our Melbourne office at +614 5077 2380 / +614 3358 8377 or email to:


Nov 2021

Scroll to Top