Missing your child in Australia and wanting to live with him/her?
Parents can apply for the Contributory Parent visa (Subclass 143 / 864) which allows parents the right to permanent residence in Australia.
You can be in Australia while waiting for your Subclass 864 application. To be eligible for Subclass 864, the applicant/s must be old enough to receive the age pension in Australia.
Benefits of Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143 / 864)
This visa allows you to:
- Live with your child in Australia as a permanent resident
- Enrol for their healthcare system (Medicare)
- Work and study in Australia
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- Sponsor eligible family members for permanent residence
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
Eligibility Criteria for Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143 / 864)
The requirements that need to be fulfilled by applicants are as follows:-
- You must be sponsored by your child living in Australia who is a citizen or permanent resident
- The requirements of the “Balance of Family Test” must be met which means half your children or more must live in Australia
- Your child must agree to give you an assurance of support that they will cover your financial necessities and you will not rely on the Australian government assistance
- You must meet their health requirements
- You must meet the good character requirements
For further information or assistance on applying for Contributory Parent Visa, kindly contact us for a FREE and PRIVATE CONSULTATION at our KL office at 03-2300 2380 / 012-238 1380 or our Melbourne office at +614 5077 2380 / +614 3358 8377 or email to: email@example.com