In their latest media release on 18 January, the Australian Government will extend by 3 years for Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489 and 491) where the visa holder was impacted by COVID-19 international travel restrictions. This will assist around 10,000 skilled regional workers.
With this, it will provide sufficient additional time for all current and former Skilled Regional Provisional visa holders to make their travel arrangements to start or resume living and working in regional Australia.
Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) is a temporary visa for skilled workers who want to live and work in regional Australia.
With this visa, you can:
- stay in Australia for 4 years;
- live, work and study in a specified region of Australia; and
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is still valid.
To obtain this visa, you must:
- be nominated to apply by a state or territory government agency, or an eligible relative must sponsor you;
- have an occupation on a relevant skilled occupation list;
- have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation;
- be invited to apply; and
- satisfy the points test.
For more information, kindly contact us Auslife Migration Consultants at our KL office at 03-2300 2380 / 012-238 1380 or our Melbourne office at +614 5077 2380 or email to: email@example.com
25 Jan 2022