NSW participates in Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) program to support its regional economies and communities through the settlement of highly skilled migrants who are committed to living and working in regional NSW long term.
NSW will open to applicants who are invited for visa subclass 491, this coming month of March 2022.
The Regional Development Australia (RDA) offices have begun assisting NSW Treasury manage the subclass 491 visas. Each RDA office will accept and assess applications, and determine eligible occupations for their respective regions. However, nomination criteria is consistent across all regions.
Subclass 491 visa is a provisional visa for skilled people nominated by a state or territory government to live and work in regional Australia.
You must have the basic eligibility as listed below:-
- be nominated to apply by a state or territory government agency, or an eligible relative must sponsor you;
- have an occupation on a relevant skilled occupation list;
- have a suitable skills assessment;
- be invited to apply; and
- satisfy the points test.
Subclass 491 visa allows you to:
- stay in Australia for 5 years;
- live, work and study in a designated regional area of Australia;
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is still valid; and
- apply for permanent residence after 3 years from the time your visa is granted.
For more information on Subclass 491, kindly contact us Auslife Migration Consultants at our KL office at 03-2300 2380 / 012-238 1380 or our Melbourne office at +614 5077 2380 or email to: email@example.com
24 Feb 2022