This Partner visa (Temporary) (Subclass 820) allows the de facto partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, to live in Australia temporarily. Once you get this visa, it is the first step towards a permanent Partner visa (subclass 801).
With this visa, you can:
- live, work and study in Australia while your permanent Partner visa is being processed;
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want;
- attend free English language classes provided by the Adult Migrant English Program (https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/settling-in-australia/amep/about-the-program), if you are eligible; and
- enroll in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare.
The conditions are you must:
- be in a genuine relationship with your spouse or de facto partner;
- be in Australia when applying for this visa and when the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) is deciding on your application; and
- family members who apply with you must also be in Australia, and must meet their health and character requirements.
For further information or assistance on applying for a Partner visa, kindly contact us Auslife Migration Consultants for a FREE and PRIVATE CONSULTATION at our KL office at 03-2300 2380 / 012-238 1380 or our Melbourne office at +614 5077 2380 / +614 3358 8377 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
28 Dec 2021