About Temporary Graduate Visa
The Skilled Graduate (Subclass 485) was renamed the Temporary Graduate Visa on 23 March 2013 and become a key component under Student Temporary Visa Program. Did you? Previously, the subclass 485 was a component of the Skilled Migration Program
Types of Temporary Graduate Visa
Graduate Work Stream
- For international students who have recently graduated with the skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the Skilled Occupations List
- Applicants must have completed a diploma, trade qualification or degree in Australia.
- Upon successful applications, Graduate Visa granted under the Graduate Work Stream will be valid for 18 months.
Post Study Work Stream
- For international students who have completed higher education degree i.e: Australian Bachelor Degree, Masters Degree or Doctorate from an Australian educational institution
- The applicant must have applied or be granted with their first student visa on or after 5th November 2011
- The visa validity period is granted to the applicants depending on their highest education qualification . For instance,
– Bachelor Degree , Bachelor Degree with Honours, Masters by coursework degree/ Masters (Extended ) Degree – Visa will be valid for 2 years
– Masters by Research Degree – Visa will be valid for 3 years
– Doctoral Degree – Visa will be valid for 4 years
Second Post Study Work Stream
- Eligible applicants can now qualify for a second subclass 485 (Post Study Work stream)
- it allows international students who are studying in the regional universities to an additional one – two years in Australia depending on which region they reside in.
Requirements that an applicant should know
- Graduates must have completed their studies in Australia while on eligible student visa
- The Australian study requirement is defined as study in Australia in a course registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) for a period of at least 92 weeks (2 academic years)
- Applicant must meet English requirement, health and character requirements