The Tasmanian State Nomination Skilled Migration Program supports Tasmanian businesses and increases the state’s working age population.
It does this by attracting and retaining migrants with skills genuinely in need by employers, or with the capacity to settle in Tasmania through skilled employment in the long-term, and business activities that will increase employment opportunities for locals.
Migration Tasmania’s nomination priorities are:
- Candidates with an employment and skills assessment related to critical roles* (generally health, allied health, infrastructure engineering).
- Candidates with an employment and skills assessment related to the Tasmanian Skilled Occupation List (see list attached below).
- Candidates in other skilled employment (ANZSCO Skill Level 1-3) with a related skills assessment.
- New business owners providing substantial employment opportunities for local Australian citizens, permanent residents or provisional visa holders.
- All other eligible candidates with skills or training relevant to the needs of Tasmania and who are able to make a genuine contribution to Tasmania through skilled employment.
Applications are being considered according to these priorities, with those in critical roles nominated first.
Existing applicants who are not in critical roles are being considered only after priority applications for critical roles have been processed.
In practice, applicants in Priorities 1-3 will be approved and nominated on an ongoing basis.
Periodically, other eligible applicants will be nominated if sufficient quota places are available.
Given the limited number of nomination places available, priority 4 and 5 applicants may not receive an outcome for some weeks after their application is considered.
*What are critical roles?
These roles include people:
- engaged by the Tasmanian Government and directly assisting in Tasmania’s COVID-19 response
- providing critical medical services including all general nursing and medical positions with the Tasmanian Health Service
- highly skilled and specialised roles in:
- infrastructure engineering and maintenance such as dams, large-/high-complexity bridges, irrigation schemes, transport logistics planning and maintenance;
- agriculture such as artificial insemination technicians, livestock pregnancy scanners; and
- the supply of essential goods and services which would be in jeopardy without the applicant.
Lower skilled positions such as retail workers, harvest labour, delivery drivers, or warehouse staff are not included as critical roles.
For further information and to find out if you are eligible, please contact our KL office at 012-2381380 or our Melbourne office at +614 50772380 for a FREE and PRIVATE CONSULTATION or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|HIGH DEMAND OCCUPATIONS|
|254412||Registered Nurse (Aged Care)|
|254413||Registered Nurse (Child and Family Health)|
|254414||Registered Nurse (Community Health)|
|254415||Registered Nurse (Critical Care & Emergency)|
|254416||Registered Nurse (Developmental Disability)|
|254417||Registered Nurse (Disability & Rehabilitation)|
|254418||Registered Nurse (Medical)|
|254421||Registered Nurse (Medical Practice)|
|254422||Registered Nurse (Mental Health)|
|254423||Registered Nurse (Perioperative)|
|254424||Registered Nurse (Surgical)|
|254425||Registered Nurse (Paediatrics)|
|254499||Registered Nurse nec|
|BUILDING, CONSTRUCTION AND TRADES|
|133111||Construction Project Manager|
|312199||Architectural, Building and Surveying Technicians nec|
|321211||Motor Mechanic (General)|
|321212||Diesel Motor Mechanic|
|321214||Small Engine Mechanic|
|322313||Welder (First Class)|
|323212||Fitter and Turner|
|323214||Metal Machinist (First Class)|
|331211||Carpenter and Joiner|
|332211||Painting trades workers|
|334112||Air-conditioning and Mechanical Services Plumber|
|HEALTH AND COMMUNITY SERVICES|
|134212||Nursing Clinical Director|
|134213||Primary Health Organisation Manager|
|134214||Welfare Centre Manager|
|251211||Medical Diagnostic Radiographer|
|251212||Medical Radiation Therapist|
|251912||Orthotist or Prosthetist|
|235312||Resident Medical Officer|
|311213||Medical Laboratory Technician|
|311214||Operating Theatre Technician|
|311216||Pathology Collector / Phlebotomist|
|311299||Medical Technicians nec|
|411712||Disabilities Services Officer|
|411715||Residential Care Officer|
|HOSPITALITY AND ACCOMMODATION|
|141111||Cafe or Restaurant Manager|
|141311||Hotel or Motel Manager|
|ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN|
|133512||Production Manager (Manufacturing)|
|233513||Production or Plant Engineer|
|312116||Surveying or Spatial Science Technician|
|121213||Fruit or Nut Grower|
|121216||Mixed Crop Farmer|
|121299||Crop Farmers nec|
|121312||Beef Cattle Farmer|
|121313||Dairy Cattle Farmer|
|121317||Mixed Livestock Farmer|
|121399||Livestock Farmers nec|
|241111||Early Childhood (Pre- Primary School) Teacher|
|133611||Supply and Distribution Manager|
|139914||Quality Assurance Manager|
|361111||Dog Handler or Trainer|